On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 05:28:06PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> >> touch ssl_expr_parse.c
> >> touch ssl_expr_parse.h
> >> touch ssl_expr_scan.h
>
> Crap, my fault... that last one should have been
>
> touch ssl_expr_scan.c
>
> There is no ssl_expr_scan.h.

HP-UX make can be tricky here though because it will try to regenerate a
target if it has exactly the same mtime as a dependency, unlike other
makes.  Naively combining all of the above into a single 'touch'
invocation (or typing fast ;) would guarantee that lex is still run,
because ssl_expr_scan.c depends on ssl_expr_parse.h.

I think this should guarantee no flex/yacc invocations:

touch ssl_expr_parse.[ch] ssl_expr_scan.l
sleep 1
touch ssl_expr_scan.c

Ralf if you're listening, it would be good to do something like that for
the tarballs, since the timestamps are all the same by default at the
moment, so it always breaks on HP-UX.

joe