On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, R. DuFresne wrote:

> You gave this site it's own IP address yes?

No. It is using NameVirtualHost.

> Virtual hosting with non-ssl works in a 'software' aware mode, while
> virtual hosting with ssl is more 'hardware' in nature requireing specifici
> IP addressing to function properly.

Hmm. I must have missed this in the docos. Rechecking ...

Hm. Well, I see that I was on the wrong track with "How can I authenticate
my clients for a particular URL based on certificates but still allow
arbitrary clients to access the remaining parts of the server?" ... that
appears on closer inspection to deal with certificate-wielding clients ...

Hm.

So, bottom line, it is not possible to have a virtual host accessible via
http and require SSL for a part of it. Is that correct?

Thanks,

- nick