I just installed Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.47 OpenSSL/0.9.7b in
my server (freebsd 4.8) and everything seems to be working fine. I have apache
configured to serve both secure and insecure pages.

However, I keep getting the following line in my error log file (thousands of times):

[Wed Sep 24 12:51:15 2003] [warn] (61)Connection refused: connect to listener

I have thousands of these warnings now in just a couple of days. I can't figure out
any pattern to them.
I get this warning even when I don't have any activity going on with the web server.
It also happens if I don't have any SSL virtual hosts set up.
I notice no problems with any web pages, secure or not.

When I recompile apache without mod_ssl, the warning goes away.

I've scoured the Internet but I can't find a thing about this warning. Does anyone
have any idea about why this is happening?

Alex Hart
http://atpmail.com