I know everyone forgot about this already, but I still have this problem. I was hoping
the new release of apache (2.0.48) would somehow fix this, but it didn't.

To rehash, apache works fine, but when I run with openssl, I consistently (thousands
of times in day) get the warning:

[warn] (61)Connection refused: connect to listener.

Everything seems to work fine.

I'm now running 2 copies of apache, one on port 80 and one on 443. When I run it like
this, I get no warnings. It's only when I run both secure and insecure on the same
server that I get warnings.  Does that make any sense? It seems like openssl with my
insecure pages are causing the warning, but I seem to get these even when no activity
is going on.

Here's my version info:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/local/apache2/bin]# ./httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.0.48
Server built:   Oct 30 2003 23:42:59
Server's Module Magic Number: 20020903:4
Architecture:   32-bit
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache2"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache2/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

SSLSessionCache dbm:logs/ssl_scache
SSLMutex file:logs/ssl_mutex

Oh well, I'm probably switching off of FreeBSD soon anyway. So I guess the problems
will dissappear then.

Alex Hart
President and Head Honcho
ATP Solutions, Inc.
http://www.althepal.com
ATPmail - Your Webmail Solution

The following message was sent by Mads Toftum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 3 Oct 2003
10:49:13 +0200.