client ----(a)----->  Apache -----(b)---->  Weblogic

If the client connects to Apache using SSL, (a) will be encrypted but (b)
will not (unless you can configure mod_wl to use SSL, which I dont believe
you can). the assumption is that (b) is occurring over a private, trusted
network. If you need to encrypt (b) I would suggest either setting up a VPN
or using Apache as a reverse proxy with SSL (the weblogic protocol in modern
versions is basically HTTP with a couple of extra headers)

cheers

Daniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/