Hello guys,

I have a problem with a special environment:

Client  ---http---->    Apache Reverse Proxy (1.1.1.1) -----https----->
Squid Forwarding/Chaching Proxy (1.1.1.2) ----https----->       Webserver
(1.1.1.3)

The client makes http-request to my apache reverse proxy. This reverse proxy
should forward this request via https to the real webserver. But this request
should go trough a forwarding/caching proxy (squid).

If I setup this environment with apache 2.0.51 and this config:

<VirtualHost 1.1.1.1:8080>
ServerName XXXXXX
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyRemote * http://1.1.1.2:3128 <http://1.1.1.2:3128>
SSLProxyEngine on
ProxyPass / https://1.1.1.3/ <https://1.1.1.3/>
ProxyPassReverse / https://1.1.1.3/ <https://1.1.1.3/>
</VirtualHost>

I got following error message:

[error] (20014)Error string not specified yet: proxy: request failed to
1.1.1.2:3128

If I use http between reverse proxy and the webserver it works with the
forwarding proxy:

Client  ---http---->    Apache Reverse Proxy (1.1.1.1) -----http----->  Squid
Forwarding/Chaching Proxy (1.1.1.2) ----http----->        Webserver (1.1.1.3)

It also works with https, if I don't use the proxy:

Client  ---http---->    Apache Reverse Proxy (1.1.1.1) -----https----->
Webserver (1.1.1.3)

Is my environment supported by apache with modssl??? If yes, how I have to
configure the apache??

Thanks and best regards daniel