>From your description it sounds like you have a
virtual host defining the new version of
wrongdomain.com plus you have a global definition of
the old version of wrongdomain.com.

Then it sounds like you have not specified the data
location inside the virtual host where you define
mysecuredomain.com, so that you are picking up the
global definition.

Cure in this scenario is to override the global
configuration information inside the virtual host for
mysecuredomain.com (or if you do not have a virtual
host for mysecuredomain.com, create one).

As for the problem of https://wrongdomain.com
responding, recall that there can be only one port 443
per ip address, and Apache does not look at domain
names in deciding to serve https, only the ip address.

Cure: I think you can use rewrite rules to direct
traffic addressed to https://wrongdomain.com to a
"safe" directory (I have not tried this).  Or see
below.

As for serving more than one secure web site from a
single computer, yes you can do this, but recall the
limit of one port 443 per ip address.

You can either arrange for your computer to have
multiple ip addresses (add multiple NIC cards or dink
around with the ifconfig or other etc files depending
on your flavor of Unixoid OS), and then run multiple
instances of Apache listening on different ip
addresses.  Be sure that your separate instances of
Apache define different locations for their
housekeeping files. This will also solve your
https://wrongdomain.com problem.

Or, you can use a port other than 443 for https with a
single ip address, but this is ugly if the user has to
type in the URL.  Not sure if a single instance of
Apache can handle two different secure ports in
different virtual hosts, but you certainly can use
separate instances of Apache on the same box.

Regards,

orville

www.weyrich.com