* Jay Lawrence ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [27 May 2002 01:04]:

[...]
> The only thing I would want to avoid is pulling over something if you
> have it already & deleting older packages as new ones come along.

The former, it does. The latter, it doesn't. Can I blame the way that
nobody seems to be able to decide on what a version nubmer should be? =)
(Just been selectively upgrading RPMs, and the sheer ridiculousness of
some of thee verison numbers is something to be seen.)

> My rsync mechanism does minimize the bandwidth however I wasn't using
> the 02packages.details file. The thought crossed my mind some time ago
> but I haven't touched this stuff for some time.

I just happened to be preparing myself a CPAN CD last week, so....

cheers,
--
iain.                                          <http://eh.org/~koschei/>