On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Once we have this logic in place, we no longer need to make a special
> case for the perl core, but let every package that has a dual (or a
> ternary) life define its master package.

Could you just sneak the package into the core?  So, you'd release the
normal .tar.gz to CPAN for the module and include that tar in core.  Then
the core Makefile at some point could recurse off and do the install on
that embedded module.  CPAN wouldn't have to know it was there so it
wouldn't create a conflict.

--
</chris>

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It
will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.
-Robert Maynard Hutchins, educator (1899-1977)