Sorry to bring this up again, I should have chased it more the last time but
what exactly is UNIXy about about this module?

The reason given previously was that all the dialog programs run on UNIX. That
seems fairly incidental, it's not like there can't be dialog be programs for
windows, Mac, Amiga etc and quite possibly there are. I presume if The Gimp
can be compiled on windows then surely gDialog could be and KDialog could
probably be ported easily as it's based on the QT toolkit.

If I was searching for a dialog module on CPAN, "unix" would not be one of my
search terms and if someone ever does write a backend for a windows dialog
program then anyone who tries to find it could be confused by the UNIX and
assume it won't work under windows.

I just don't see any fundamental UNIX connection. Is there a reason why this
module could never work on anything else?

UI::Dialog::* seems like a much more apt prefix and as someone pointed out in
another thread, there's nothing wrong with starting a new toplevel namespace
as long as it makes sense and you don't hog the whole thing,