On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:43:13AM -0500, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> I don't mind that there are a lot of rarely modules that are still
> accessible. I mind when they show up in search results and I have to
> wade through them to get to the juicy modules. There is not an easy way
> to distinguish the signal from the noise on CPAN. That's what the
> CPANTS [1] proposal was targeted to address.
>
> http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Module::CPANTS

I'm aware of CPANTS :) I bought Leon on auction to get him to work more on
CPANTS. Thomas Klausner also has been working with CPANTS and you may
find http://domm.zsi.at/cpants/search of some interest.

> At least a couple of us are:
> http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=2978
>
> I think it's a stale joke that's wasting new resources daily.

Well, it was presumeably for an article to show kids how to upload
Acme modules automatically so I'm sure there will be more to come
along with the final exercise at the end of the CPAN chapter in LPORM
which instructs the aspiring student to upload their homework from
previous chapters onto CPAN.

e.