On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 03:35 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:

I hit a problem with this...

All files in MANIFEST are checked in by "make ci" so META.yml end
up read-only. But then "make distdir" (eg from "make disttest")
fails with:

cannot create META.yml: permission denied

Hmm, which version of Module::Build is this? Or is it MakeMaker?

I gave birth to this error in a recent version of Module::Build, but that version never hit CPAN before I squashed it, I think.

Also, I'd never heard of "make ci" before! Is there a way to use it with CVS or other VCSs, or just with RCS? I guess my checkin process isn't very linked to my version release process anymore, but I'm curious now.

-Ken