On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 02:57:51PM +0200, Yves Orton wrote:

> So I can't close these bugs until Eryq intervenes? Does this really make
> sense? Surely if he assigned ownership of the module to me the RT ownership
> should be transferred as well?

First, I'll add that I'm not directly involved in the policy making or
code for CPAN. I do use RT (v3) at my business and am familiar with it.
So my answer is not "official". :)

I think you are correct that as a /policy/, it makes sense to have the
tickets transferred to you when the module is transferred. I doubt this
a policy hang-up, but rather a technical one. I get the sense that RT
and CPAN are fairly separate pieces of software, and this integration
code hasn't been written yet.

> Out of curiousity, what happens if Eryq isnt around to take care of this?
> How can the tickets be closed if he is off on safari somewhere, not to
> return until 2007? ;-)

Someone who is an RT administrator has the ability to make the change.
The website mentions you can contact this address for help:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Somewhat related, rt.cpan.org is based RT version 2, when RT 3 has been
released, a major upgrade. I'm interested to know in generate what plans
there are to enhance this RT installation. It's certainly proven to be
very useful!

        Mark
   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .