On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 18:04, Tim Bunce wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:41:45PM +0100, Christophe MERTZ wrote:
> >
> > We are using at CENA (French Reserch Center for Air Traffic Control) a
> > perl module called Ivy.pm for more than 5 years now, and this module is
> > freely available since July 2000 (at least).
[...]
> > Ivy is already freely available on http://www.tls.cena.fr/products/ivy

> Pity the docs are so patchy.

I guess the (bad) reason is that it is so easy to use that we do not
really need it. But I agree, it should be better documented

> (I'm disappointed the module isn't an interface to the C library.)

Don't be disappointed... The gains would be minimal in our view.

People who implemented Ivy also wanted from the very beginning at least
two different implementations. One was C of course, and the other one
being perl because it was already heavily used here. The aims was also
to use every language construct to make the corresponding lib the
easiest to use. As the protocole is very simple, libs are smalls

I guess someone could use the C lib to build a Net::Ivy::C
The pb with interfacing the C lib is accessing to a main loop (typically
the Tk Mainloop) and the callbacks; it may be tricky to callback perl
code from C.

--
  Christophe M.