On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 02:02:24PM -0600, Andy Lester wrote:
> > For example, with DBD::Pg, a lot of tests depend on having test data in
> > the database, and having the database connection working and open.
>
> Every one of our *.t and *.phpt files is self-contained.  If it needs a
> connection to the database, it opens one.  If it needs test data in the
> database, it creates it.  If it needs to delete the data, then it
> deletes it.

Does that mean the test scripts are full of "copy/paste coding"?

So if there is a bug in the test up routine, it would be propagated
everywhere. It seems reasonable to break with the ideal of "self
contained tests" a bit and put shared test setup/tearcode code into
a re-usable testing module. (which itself might have a single set of
tests run against it).

        Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .