On Wed, 12 May 2004, David Nicol wrote:

> mine is
> AIS::client
> which I can rename to match the others if you come up
> with a good name.
>
> I have not tested AIS::client with mp and presume it is
> broken there.  Turning www::authen::simple into an AIS
> client would allow you to centralize your authentication.

I hadn't heard of AIS before. Sounds like it would make a nice additional
authentication method. Part of my TODO is to abstract both the
authentication and storage methods. I should be able to add this auth
method after that (though, it doesn't offer any group based permissions,
so that would still need handled locally).

I looked over AIS::client... there are a lot of exit statements in there,
and a lot of hardcoded HTML. It'd be nice if allowed the user of the
module to handle those parts, and just supplied the information it would
need (the full URL of the AIS server when needed, etc), just a thought.
And if it returned some failure condition, it wouldn't have to exit(), and
could allow the client to handle those errors.

It might be a while before I get the authentication and storage methods
abstracted (shouldn't be all that difficult, but it's not on the top of my
TODO list right now). When I do, I'll definately look into AIS, and see if
I can find similar resources out there.

Thanks for the info, I don't think I would have found that without your
link.
--
Josh I.