# The following was supposedly scribed by
# SilvioCVdeAlmeida
# on Wednesday 16 June 2004 04:39 pm:

>FORBID any module without a meaningful readme with all its (possibly
>recursive) dependencies, its pod and any other relevant information
>inside.

I don't think it is in the spirit of CPAN to "FORBID" anything.

A highly visible and well-used rating system would accomplish the same thing,
without having to deal with the politicking and such that happens if we have
some kind of "gatekeeper" determining what is and is not allowed to be
published.

That said, you do have a good point about dependencies and meaningful
documentation.  Maybe some checkboxes next to the five stars that are
currently used in the ratings?

--Eric
--
A counterintuitive sansevieria trifasciata was once literalized guiltily.
                                        --Product of Artificial Intelligence