On Jul 16, 2004, at 7:48 PM, Randy W. Sims wrote:
It looks like maybe we could use 'virtual' packages like I mentioned below to solve this:
YAML:
requires: [db_driver]: postgresql || mysql [postgresql]: DBD::Pg: > 0 DataTime::Format::Pg: > 0 [mysql]: DBD::mysql: > 0 DataTime::Format::mysql: > 0
Square brackets denote virtual packages or macros. This should solve all the issues you mention as far as YAML goes. The Build.PL file is much more flexible; we can express these dependencies in many ways. There is not much of an issue there.
Yes, that works for me.
I guess one other thing that needs to be considered is: allowing other modules to make use of this. I think one of the things we wanted to allow is for the actual package being installed to access some of the same functionality in order to allow/disallow some functionality. For example, some modules will run in an enhanced mode if a module is present.
Well, this is what recommends is for, no?
Regards,
David
smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
