It seems to me that ANY thing that contributes to the solution set of 'How
do I find the module I'm looking for?' needs to be kept until it can be
replaced with something of equal or greater value.

I believe that the problem is bad now and only going to get worse unless
something is done about it. I've no clear solution in mind, but some things
have occurred to me:

1. Treat all pod text and comments as subject matter for a google style
index process.

2. Push hard on the notion of adding a keywords item to the 'standard' for
pod documentation.

3. Dust off IBM's KWIC (key words in context) approach to automagically
generate additional indexing information.

I think that these in combination with what we have currently will be an
improvement.

--hsm