On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Daisuke Maki wrote:

The module is tentatively named Params::Validate::Inheritable, but Dave
Rolsky and I neither like that particular idea. To quote Dave:

  I think P::V::Inheritable isn't quite right for classes that
  are intended to be generic superclasses, or to add methods to
  other classes.

  In fact, it's really a role-type class, and something like
  Class::Validating might be better.

On top of Dave's suggestion I'm thinking towards the line of
Class::ValidateArgs, Class::Validation, Class::ParamValidation, etc.

Please let me know if you have any comments.

Looks like you got warnocked on this one, huh?

I'd really like to see this released, cause I could use it. I think since it is a generic "add something to a class" module, it needs to be in Class::. Beyond that, I'm not too concerned. I think having the second part end in "-ing" or "-es" is good, as opposed to a noun, since it adds an _action_ to a class, not a property (well it adds both, but it's the action that's important, I think).

-dave

VegGuide.Org
Your guide to all that's veg.