Austin Schutz wrote:

I suppose I could try to create a use divide 0/undef/inf/crap pragma.
Then you could do whatever you want. You'd still get a surprise if you ever
forgot it though..

I think that's the best answer. Not a good idea for most programs, wonderful idea for math programs - which can simply say "use infinity;" or something along those lines at the top.

BTW-I'm reading Perl 6 Now, and I believe there was mention there about Perl 6 having support for infinity and possibly other equally strange notions. I'm at work, though, so I don't have access to the book right now.

-ofer