CÃdric Bouvier wrote:

I have something almost working right now. I'd like to upload it to CPAN (after I have at least improved the documentation kindly written by Module::Starter, that is) but I'd like your enlightened opinion on what name it should bear. I first thought of Test::Distributed, but the perl-qa folks do not agree as it is not related to Test::More.

I was then suggested (still by the fine people in perl-qa) to choose some name
under Parallel::. To me, Parallel would mean to run different programs at the
same time, probably on the same computer, while my module would allow to run
the same program on different computers. Still, Parallel:: is so far the best I
can think of. Parallel::Distributed, Parallel::Distributor, Parallel::Remote,
Parallel::GoRemote ?

It is sometimes useful to post on this list the SYNOPSIS from your documentation. That usually elicits comment on both concept and name.

So far, I like Parallel::Distributor as it gives a sense of the active role played by the server.

Jim Keenan