I'm toying with starting a new module and would like some naming advice. My module will accept the name of another module and, using CPAN metadata and/or package contents, determine the license of that module's package and the license of all non-core packages that it in turn depends on. This module would be useful for determining redistribution rights for aggregations of code, like PAR files. It will probably employ CPANPLUS, YAML, Module::Depends, Module::Corelist and a bunch of heuristics to make its determination.

For example, my module CAM::PDF is Artistic/GPL but it depends on Text::PDF which is just Artistic. This new module would help me to discover that fact.

I don't like any of the names I've come up with so far. It seems clear that it should be in the Module:: namespace, but beyond that I'm unsure. Possibilities:
   Module::GuessLicense
   Module::License
   Module::LicenseChain
   Module::DistributionRights

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)