On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 08:56:32AM -0500, David Golden wrote:
> A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> >But at this point, I think even this is not quite the right
> >approach. Rather, the tests should be built directly into
> >Module::Build itself à la the `testcover` target. Test::Pod needs
> >no parametrisation, so it would be trivial to integrate, and it
> >also is the really valuable test. (At least I can?t think of
> >*any* case where letting malformed POD through is desirable.)

I think this is the way to go.

> Pod syntax checking is there already as "testpod".  It would be fairly
> trivial to add "testpodcover", but I suspect that never happened because
> "testcover" does it already through Devel::Cover.

I would rather these were rolled into 'disttest', so I have less API to
remember. The pod tests could possibly be reported in a separate result,
so there would be a distinction between the functional tests and the
kwalitee tests.

I do realize there is merit the alternate viewpoint that from the user's
perspective the functionality and overall quality contribute a single
overall impression.

    Mark