Hi Lincoln,

* Lincoln A. Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-02-25 23:30]:
>Usually superior designs can be used to wrap infrerior ones in a
>way that provide backwards compatibility... If the problem is a
>data file format one, then you could perhaps detect the older
>format, and drop down to the older routines...

I disagree. Perl is not a wrapper around awk+sed+shell.

>Have you thought about asking the author of the XML::Template,
>to give it over to you?

That would be pointless. I have no interesting in supporting the
approach that XML::Template takes, and the one I want to follow
doesn’t lend itself to that at all.

>BTW: I don't really like XML::XMLTemplate...

*What* about it do you dislike? Any objective reason, or is it
just a matter of taste?