On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 02:22 +0100, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Mark Stosberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-02-26 01:40]:
> >I don't like the repetition. Repeating "XML" adds no value to
> >the name for me.

That was my objection... but I admit it _was_ taste to some extent.
Just did not seem elegant, and it did not tell me anything

> Well, taken versus the XML::Template approach, it makes some
> amount of sense. With XML::Template you don’t actually write
> templates so much as grammars and instances of them; with my
> module, you write an template XML file.
>
> >I'll suggest "XML::Template::Strict", since your approach seems
> >to be stricter about validness than "XML::Template".
[snip'
> Also, if anything, it would have to be XML::StrictTemplate, since
> XML::Template::Strict sounds like it has some sort of commonality
> with XML::Template, of which there is absolutely none.

Now that I like better. it conveys a real distinction, and tells me
something.

> Any way to express “idiomatic” in a short word that’s suitable
> for a descriptive name?
>
> Maybe I should give up and just try to generically differentiate
> from XML::Template, like maybe XML::ExTemplate?

If you are going in that direction... why not just XML::XTemplate or
XML::xTemplate or XML::nTemplate (n=new)

Now that I think about it... why not post a pod so we can see what the
interface might look like.

Are you depending on one of the XML parser modules?

Lincoln