In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Chris
Dolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm going to write a module that uses PPI to parse Build.PL and
> Makefile.PL files without executing them.

I haven't been following the Module::Build stuff closely, but I've
always wondered about these sorts of intricate solutions. Shouldn't it
be enough to temporarily replace ExtUtils::Makemaker with something
that has the same interface and spits out a Build.PL and a META.yml? I
do something similar with Test::Prereq to see what's in PREREQ_PM.

Having said that, I'd prefer the PPIx::MakefilePL.  Distributions
aren't about modules or packages (e.g. I can distribute a script in the
same framework).