On May 24, 2006, at 2:00 PM, brian d foy wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, James E Keenan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As part of preparation for a talk I'm giving at YAPC in Chicago, I've
been interviewing people who've taken over maintenance of other people's CPAN modules. In a recent similar case, the person who was submitting
patches (a) posted the patches on rt.cpan.org and then (b) when the
original author never responded, posted on [EMAIL PROTECTED] The gurus
of that list designated him co-maintainer in about a day's time.
(Whether that is a general practice, I don't know, but it at least
worked in this case.)

That's not the general case. In most cases we wait about a month or so.
Someone not responding to email may simply be on holiday.

I got the impression from the above message that the "never responded" part probably took a while, but the "designated him co- maintainer" mechanics probably was what took only a day's time.

 -Ken