2008/5/17 David Fleck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I hope someone can help out this novice test writer.  I have a module that
> runs several test scripts, and recently they have started to fail on some
> tester's machines.  The tests work fine for me, and I can't see anything
> in the Test::More documentation that tells me what's going on.
>
> An example test script starts like this:
>

>  # Before `make install' is performed this script should be runnable with
>  # `make test'. After `make install' it should work as `perl Gtest.t'
>
>  #########################
>
>  use Test::More; BEGIN { use_ok('Statistics::Gtest') };
>
>  #########################
>
>  my $twothreefile = "t/2x3int.txt";
> [... rest of file follows ...]
>

> and, increasingly, the test fails, according to the emails I get and the
> test results I see on CPAN:
>

>  /usr/bin/perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0,
> 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
>  t/file_input..........You tried to run a test without a plan at
> t/file_input.t line 6.

As it says here, you ran a test before you set set the plan.

use Test::More tests => 1; # or however many tests you have
BEGIN { use_ok('Statistics::Gtest') };

is what you should be doing.

The puzzling thing is how this ever worked for you. The only thing I
can think of is that somehow a plan was being set from within
Statistics::Gtest,