I hope someone can help out this novice test writer.  I have a module that
runs several test scripts, and recently they have started to fail on some
tester's machines.  The tests work fine for me, and I can't see anything
in the Test::More documentation that tells me what's going on.

An example test script starts like this:

  # Before `make install' is performed this script should be runnable with
  # `make test'. After `make install' it should work as `perl Gtest.t'

  #########################

  use Test::More; BEGIN { use_ok('Statistics::Gtest') };

  #########################

  my $twothreefile = "t/2x3int.txt";
[... rest of file follows ...]

and, increasingly, the test fails, according to the emails I get and the
test results I see on CPAN:

  /usr/bin/perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib',
'blib/arch')" t/*.t
  t/file_input..........You tried to run a test without a plan at
t/file_input.t line 6.
  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/file_input.t line 6.
   Dubious, test returned 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
   ANo subtests run

Line 6 is the 'use Test::More' line, which is copied pretty much straight
from the POD.  But again, it works fine on my one local machine.  What's
going on here? And how do I fix it?

(Incidentally, I do declare a plan, a few lines further down in the test
script:

 plan tests => scalar (@file_objects) * 17;

but I didn't think that was needed in the BEGIN block.)

--
David Fleck
[EMAIL PROTECTED]