Hi,

I never had much luck with the Version.pm module. Either because I wasn't in
the mood to read the documentation or plain dumb. In any case the versioning
scheme X.Y.Z is a non sense. It works nicely for someone not doing version
control but for people using one a module version should not be different
from what is checked in.

SVK had one nice thing for it, the revisions start at 1 and grow upwards. I
got fed up SVK bugs so I decided to go over to git. The problem is that git
generates SHA1 as commit ids.

Something like 37c8bee442237c6ccb7ad1d2cef9c2d3ac7de979

I like to generate a distribution automatically including the version number
but I'm afraid the above is going to draw flames.

How do you do?

Cheers, Nadim.