On Jan 27, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Jonathan Rockway wrote:

Can I prevent people from opening tickets on rt.cpan,org. Does the
bugtracker item in META.yml cascade through to the front page of
search.cpan?

No, it doesn't.

Yes, it does. See http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/PETDANCE/ack-1.86/META.yml and how it reflects on http://search.cpan.org/dist/ack/

Now, it doesn't prevent tickets from opening in rt.cpan.org, and that's just one of those things you'll have to bear. I get probably 10% of my bug reports on WWW::Mechanize in RT, instead of the bug tracker at code.google.com.

It would be nice if rt.cpan.org allowed authors to shut down queues, but hey, I'm not arguing with a free service.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => a...@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance