On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Jonas Br?ms? Nielsen wrote:

Aloha,

Most cultures/countries have a redneck equivalent, so it is not totally wasted
on us non-us... anyway. I say if we have offended anybody, we remove the
offending distribution. It is in the acme namespace, so it will not create a
lot of fuss removing it.

The author has the choice and freedom of distributing via other channels, but
we as a community might have to be more democratic about it, so I say it goes.
As for the apology, I think we could just get by with a friendly and polite
email, informing the offended person of our actions.

Going into a deeper analysis of the nature of humor and cultural differences is
a waste of time, CPAN is an international resource and therefore we should act
accordingly. The Acme namespace is still open and welcoming to all the crazy
experiments, but we have to play nice at the same time.

jonasbn

Personally, I believe that anyone who's wasted more than 30 seconds on this
entire discussion should get a life.  It's more than obvious what the author
was satirizing and no one has an inalienable right to not be offended.

If you don't like it, fine, blog about it, complain to your friends.  But
let the rest of us move on with matters of some actual import.  Quit trying
to be the politically correct thought police of the world.

        --Arthur Corliss
          Live Free or Die