> To take perhaps a short break from mirror efficiency discussions, are people
> still up for module naming suggestions? :)
>
> I have a new module (which I'll probably release to CPAN soon enough) which
> basically scans a machine for information (like Puppet's Facter).
>
> The working title is Data::Scanner, but perhaps that doesn't really cover
> it.
> Perhaps Data::Collector would be better, since it collects information.
> I'd love for a name that also sounds like an application since it has a CLI
> frontend as well.
>
> I'd appreciate suggestions to make this more searchable and coherent.
>
> S.

Hi,

It's difficult to help you with any name as I lack information about what the
module is really doing. As for Data::Scanner or Data::Collector, those would
be very bad names as they are so generic they mean nothing.

Most modern apps have moved to the APP::* root namespace although I believe
that sub modules, part of the application, that are of general use should
still be rooted in the relevant namespace.

Please give us more information or better yet put the documentation on-line.

Cheers, Nadim.