> This whole thing makes me wonder, why do *you* really contribute to CPAN?
>
> Is it for the fun of writing code? - You don't need to distribute your
> code for that.
> Is it to participate in the community?
> Is it to get a virtual pat on the shoulder (or a beer in the bar) from
> other programmers?
> Is it to make other people happy by letting them do their job easier?
> Is it because you feel obligated as you are using other peoples code
> free of charge?

I would say 4, then 2, then 1, then 5, in that order.

1 meaning "to keep my hand in" so to speak... at least, that's what I'd
call it.

(My brain feels broken today (my back is screaming at it), so don't have
any other good ideas.)

--Curtis
--
Curtis Jewell
csjew...@cpan.org           http://csjewell.dreamwidth.org/

"Your random numbers are not that random" -- perl-5.10.1.tar.gz/util.c

Strawberry Perl for Windows betas: http://strawberryperl.com/beta/