On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> On Saturday 07 August 2010 04:50:29 Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
>> * Ovid <publiustemp-moduleautho...@yahoo.com> [2010-08-06 23:50]:
>> > I can't say I've really been paying attention here, but while
>> > some tags (requires C compiler) seem like they might be
>> > reasonable, other tags such as "black_magic" seem highly
>> > subjective. And the "source_filter" tag seems to belong in the
>> > "black_magic" category.
>>
>> The ${OS}_only tags only seem haphazard and like a bad place to
>> put that information… why is there no `vms_only` or such? What if
>> something works on FreeBSD and Linux but not MacOS? Is MacOS
>> a true Unix?
>>
>> It seems like a rather random collection.
>>

> Hmmm.... I agree with what you say. Perhaps a "works_on_linux",
> "works_on_macosx", "works_on_windows", etc. tags will be better and people
> will be (naturally) able to specify more than one tag.

First of all - I like that - I mean that would really help when
searching for modules - but I am afraid that can easily slip into the
direction of works_on_ubuntu_linux_with_perl5.12.1.

And while we are at that - how about using test reports as tags?
Totally brainstorming now - but then maybe tags would specify what the
author intends to - like declaring that his module should work on all
POSIX systems - and for actual confirmation we could use the test
reports?

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/