John Zhang wrote:
> I have a module (act as a filter or handler).  While
> processing a request, I encountered a url (similar to
> an include, eg /foo/bar.xyz, or abc.txt).  How can I
>     1) ask apache to process this request and
>     2) give me the result back (I am waiting for it
> before I can continue)?
>
> I got an answer for a similar question, and have
> looked at the mod_include, but have not figured out
> how to do this: the mod_include has a include_ctx, and
> it does a lot of work using that (eg mapping the
> include uri to an absolute path).
>
> Thanks in advance!
> John

Here is what I did.  I know there will be more efficient methods to
handling things of this request, but just as an added alternative, what
I did is available on the web :

http://sharktooth.org/tutorials/whitepapers/apache_includes.html

(It was easier to put that into a web page for you rather than sending a
large e-mail full of lots of ugly code).

Another alternative is to just run the request, which immediately sends
the contents to the browser (if in a filter, send all of the data first).

With my situation, I needed to parse that file as well, just to ensure
that ALL of the hidden tags were cleared.  Because just running the
request sent it to the browser, I had to create a new request with a
custom filter, and snip the data off of the request via the filter.

If you have questions (or comments), let me know.

Joe
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>