Vincent Bray wrote:
> 2008/8/29 Dave Ingram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> I presume you meant <IfDefine> and <IfModule>? My basic plan at the
>> moment is essentially based upon mod_macro, with the necessary changes
>> to read from a database. I imagine that internally it works in a similar
>> way to the two <If...> sections.
>>
> Nick's referring to <If ...> literally. Its a new directive in trunk
> that uses SSI-like parsing in the config. See r644253 et al.

Aha, thanks for that, Vincent. I had no idea that something like that
has been included. I don't tend to keep up with non-releases. I think
the expression parser might be useful for my own configuration
parsing-time conditionals, but I'm not sure that runtime checks like
that really fall under the scope of this project. It could be a powerful
combination, however.

My basic idea is to avoid having to automatically generate configuration
files via a script, and just have templated sections repeating in the
configuration.

Thanks, though -- it's something I'll keep an eye on.

Dave