> This is a bit awkward since the QUERY_STRING in POST
> can be anything, for example an XML-documents.
..
> Though, how should I deal with, for example, an
> XML-document in a POST requests? Where should I
> "hide" the transaction identifier?

   A post doesn't normally have anything in the
QUERY_STRING.  Rather a POSTed form has the stuff
being sent in the request body, which is read from
STDIN by a script.  QUERY_STRING is still available
for use.  Consider this form:

form method=post action=myscript.cgi
input name=emailaddress

  The "emailaddress" input would NOT appear
in QUERY_STRING, but rather would appear to
the script as STDIN, or to another module as
the request body.  You can still do:

form method=post action=myscript.cgi?id=reallyunique
input name=emailaddress
--
Ray Morris