On Dec 30, 2008, at 9:10 AM, John David Duncan wrote:

You may be looking at something getting clobbered, and somehow that manifests itself on OpenSolaris but not on the other platform(s). Perhaps that has to do with the way data structures are aligned, endianness (are you on Sparc or Intel?) etc.

Perhaps set some breakpoints and see if the handler field is ever intact and where it gets clobbered.

In the SUNWapch22 package on OpenSolaris 2008.11, httpd 2.2.9 is stripped, so I can't do much with the debugger.

But when I build my own apache 2.2.9 with debugging symbols (configure --with-included-apr --enable-maintainer-mode), I can't reproduce the problem.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! Does this package ship with build/config.nice? What are the contents of that file? That should tell you how the package was built.

And how did you build your own Apache?

(And I think I have seen this same problem on amd64 Ubuntu, but I still need to confirm that...)

Definitely interesting. Maybe even for the same reasons, although we shouldn't assume that.

Thanks,

S.

--
Sander Temme