Hi Saju,

For the worker mpm, both cross thread and cross process protection will be
> needed. apr_proc_mutex.h family supplies cross-process protection,
> apr_thread_mutex.h provides cross thread protection.
>
> You "locking" method would be a wrapper method that first obtains a process
> level lock, and then inside that lock it obtains a thread level lock.

In my specific case, do I really need thread-level locking in addition to
process-level locking? Since I am running a background thread that is
started in post_config(), worker-threads in the mpm worker model are running
in a different process then my background thread anyway. So I guess
process-level locking should suffice, or am I overlooking something?

Thank you,
Andrej