Hello list,

I thought I'd let you know, what I found out so far.
Perhaps someone will have an idea what is going on.

In the access checking phase started by this line

 ap_hook_access_checker(SumpfAuthChecker, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_FIRST);

I return with a "return(HTTP_MOVED_TEMPORARILY)".
I have set up the new location to go to by setting
the apropriate headers with
 apr_table_set( r->headers_out, "Location", newlocation );

Instead of sending back to the client a 302 or a 301 the next thing
that happens the apache sends back a 401.
(Found out with ngrep).

So this results in prompting the user for a password.

It seems the "Basic Authentication" code or anything else it doing
something after I finished in the access checking phase.

I tried to find out with "LogLevel debug".
But this actually leads to nearly no extra lines in the logfiles.

I have configured it in the global configuration and in the VirtualHost
section.

Well for the moment I'm stuck.
Hope somebody has an idea ....

Greetings