i have a module (well, right now just some subroutines,
but they should soon become a module) that as far as i can tell does not
already exist in cpan, even though i would have expected it to already
exist.  specifically, it is a series of routines for manipulating ipv4
addresses and masks: converting between dotted quad, decimal, binary,
hex, and cidr notation; checking an address to see if it is a member of
a given net block; and enumerating a given netblock (i.e. listing all of
the ips given a network address and mask).  if this module or a similar
one does not already exist, i would like to request an author accont on
cpan.  my name and email address are in my .sig; my preferred user id
would be SWETH; and the dsli code would currently be cdpf.
        i am not sure under what namespace this module would fall, but
have been using Net::Address::IPv4, so as to leave a placeholder if i
(or someone else) eventually create an ipv6 analogue.

        -- sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli ; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>