Hi,

I feel dumb for not having found that one in CPAN before writing mine :-).

Yes, I think mine could maybe be a replacement, BUT it doesn't do the one feature that
yours does: namely, reload based on file-changed-time.

That's an optimization that's probably missing from mine, but I intentionally didn't
add that because some modules have load-time side effects (such as BEGIN blocks) and
so forcing an unconditional reload is slightly different from reloading only changed
files.

In light of that, maybe mine should be a different module, maybe called:

Module::Reload::Force

?

... but one of the biggest aspects of mine is its ability to do nothing during
end-user runtime, but kick in selectively at Development time -- i.e. it doesn't
always force the Reload.  That's why I thought Devel:: might be the best place for it.

Anyone else have any opinions?  I think naming is very important and I do want to come
up with the best name.

-c

At 4:30 PM -0400 7/28/00, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 01:21:32PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I'd like permission to submit a module called Devel::Reloader that's
>> similar to the concept of Apache::StatInc but serves as a more
>> general-purpose development tool.
>>
>> To describe it, I'm pasting the entire contents of the .pm file, which
>> is more pod than code, below, since the pod docs are fairly complete.
>>
>> Thanks for your consideration, and also any advice or pointers you
>> have time to offer before I release this module to the public.
>
>Looks like a more elaborate version of:
>
>  http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Module-Reload
>
>I wonder if your module can just replace this one...?
>
>--
>Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
>                       (via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank)

Chris Thorman                                       (413) 473-0853 e-fax