My new module does this:
------------------------
1) Converts between Latitude/Longitude and UTM coordinates.
2) Performs datum translation between 231 datums.
3) Pretty-prints latitude/longitude into three common formats.
4) Implements a "Coordinate" object and methods:

The module contains these packages:

        CoordinateFormat;
        Ellipsoid;
        EllipsoidTable; (Class data and methods only)
        Datum;
        DatumTable; (Class data and methods only)
        Coordinate;

All (mostly?) object-oriented.  No exports.  $VERSION is defined
in each package and a version() method is defined in each.

These are the places in the heirarchy I thought it might fit, but
none seem to be a perfect fit:

Miscellaneous Modules
---------------------
Astro::Coordinate  -- NO!  Mine is Cartography, not Astronomy
Geo::Coordinate  -- MAYBE

Perhaps a new heirarchy, similar to the Sci.geo heirarchy of the
newsgroups?
--------------
Sci::Geography::Coordinate
Sci::Cartography::Coordinate
Sci::Geo::Coordinate

Any pointers appreciated.  I don't mind renaming my module at all.
Coordinate is probably not all that descriptive.

Yes, I've looked at the module list.  I'm a new author.  I'll
sign up with PAUSE once I know where the module should go.

Thanks,

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin