On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 08:56:37PM +0200, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
>   > Well, the problem is there's no "Interface Style" entry that really
>   > matches things like AnyLoader, Lingua::Romana::Perligata, Bleach, DNA,
>   > etc...  'l' for 'modifies the language' would be a nice addition to
>   > cover such things.
>
> Shame on me, I have looked neither at Bleach, DNA, and L:R:P would
> need an s for silly?  AnyLoader seems to be a pragma, it seems.

Yes, they're silly, but they're still pragma-like.  'Interface Style'
just comments on the interface, not the intent.

'pragma' seems to cover that set of modules well as defined in
perlmodlib "They work somewhat like compiler directives (pragmata) in
that they tend to affect the compilation of your program, and thus
will usually work well only when used within a "use" or "no"."

About the Silly:: namespace.  I think you're going to run into
alot of resistance there.  Alot of the more ridiculous modules start
out as just a cool name (Semi::Semicolons) and would detract from its
purpose (to be silly) to alter the name.  And it doesn't fit in alot
of them.  Silly::Lingua::Romana::Perligata just sounds so stilted.
Sex.pm, well, its obviously all in the name!  There are obvious
exceptions (Silly::String).

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd rather my module doesn't show
up in the module list than ruin a good joke. :)  Instead of encouraging
use of the Silly:: namespace, perhaps we could have a Module List
Chapter for silly modules?

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One