  DSLIP:       bdpOb
  userid:      SMEE (Tony Smith)
  chapterid:    3 (Development_Support)
  communities:

  similar:
    P4::Client

  rationale:

    First a bit of background.

    P4::Client is a straight port of the Perforce API to Perl. As such,
    it's more C++ like than Perl like and requires much more code than
    perl hackers are used to.

    P4 is a much more perl like interface to Perforce with support for
    scalar/array context evaluations and for parsing of Perforce forms
    (specs) into Perl hashes and accepting perl hashes as form input, so
    making many common Perforce actions trivially scriptable.

    P4 is the obvious namespace for all things Perforce. Although
    implicitly allocated by the previous submission of P4::Client, I'd
    like to reserve it explicitly.

    It should be in the module list as many Perforce users are Perl
    hackers, and many Perl hackers are Perforce users :-) and this
    module will be very useful to many Perforce users.

    I'd also like P4::Client moved from Chapter 24 to Chapter 3 as
    that's the natural place for this module. Thanks!

  enteredby:   SMEE (Tony Smith)
  enteredon:   Mon Oct  8 16:02:55 2001 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

P4                bdpOb Easy to use OO interface to Perforce SCM     SMEE

Thanks for registering,
The Pause Team

PS: The following links are only valid for module list maintainers:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=43000000_451fa28a39470497&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_preview=1
Immediate (one click) registration:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=43000000_451fa28a39470497&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_insertit=1