At 11:16 -0500 2002.01.22, Daniel Shane wrote:
>I have written a perl module that I would like to store on CPAN.
>
>Name: Daniel Shane
>E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>HomePage: None Yet
>ID: DSHANE

>============
>
>Net::Libnet is a module that implements some perl bindings for the popular
>Libnet C library.
>
>Net::Libnet provides a simple API for commonly used low-level network
>functions (mainly packet injection). Using Net::Libnet, it is easy to build
>and write arbitrary network packets. It provides a portable framework for
>low-level network packet writing and handling (use Net::Libnet in
>conjunction with Net::Pcap, and just about anything can be done).
>Net::Libnet includes packet creation at the IP layer and at the link layer
>as well as a host of supplementary and complementary functionallity.

This is a bad name.  There is already a "libnet" distribution on CPAN, and
it contains many Net:: modules.  Surely many people with think Net::Libnet
is the libnet distribution.

        http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Bundle-libnet
        http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=libnet

Unfortunately, I don't have any alternate suggestions for you, but
Net::Libnet is just bad.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/