name: Jody Biggs
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
preferred CPAN id: JBIGGS

description of what you're planning to contribute:
Immediately, I am planning to contribute a module that provides a
modular framework for headline news retrieval from various internet
portal sites.  Included with the module at this point are modules for
Yahoo USA news, and BBC news.  The framework is similar in design to
Finance::Quote.

I have tentatively been calling the module News::Rover, but given the
fact that the News namespace seems to be used for NNTP related modules,
I am willing to take suggestions on an alternate namespace - perhaps
Headlines?