On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:58:36PM -0600 _brian_d_foy wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Perl Authors
> Upload Server <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The following module was proposed for inclusion in the Module List:
> >
> >   modid:       Mail::OutlookX
>
> >     Mail::OutlookX is an XS wrapper around libdbx (see
> >     http://freshmeat.net/projects/libdbx). This library understands the
> >     infamous *.dbx files as produced by Microsoft's Outlook Express.
>
> i have no problem with this name is the X is part of the product
> name (which i really can't tell from FreshMeat or Google).
> otherwise, Mail::OutlookExpress, or even Mail::Outlook:Libdbx
> seem better since X means "Mac OS X" to me.

I am not exactly a Mac person so this connotation did not occur to me.
:-) Mail::OutlookExpress looks equally fine to me. But there is also
libpst by the same authors (which, according to what I understand from
the non-existing documentation, is the equivalent for MS Outlook). I
haven't yet made any plans, but I might tackle this lib later as well.
So how about Mail::Outlook::Dbx? If I ever decide to port libpst
Mail::Outlook::Pst will be an obvious addition to the CPAN.

> Any chance this can fit into Mail::Box somehow, too?

I haven't yet talked this over with Mark but the idea crossed my mind
already. I currently tend to prefer a standalone distribution (with the
namespace above suggested) but adding a hook to Mail::Box separately.
Thus someone only interested in dbx files wouldn't need to get
acquainted with the arguably quite hefty Mail::Box module. Of course, my
favorite solution would be to simply release M::B::D and let Mark do all
the dirty work to make it fit into Mail::Box. ;-) But I know he's
already busy.

Cutting this short: brian, could you postpone any namespace registration
till I worked this out with Mark? I'll post this issue on Mail::Box's
mailinglist and see what he thinks about it. I'll re-register when we've
come up with a solution.

Tassilo
--
$_=q!",}])(tsuJ[{@"tnirp}3..0}_$;//::niam/s~=)]3[))_$-3(rellac(=_$({
pam{rekcahbus;})(rekcah{lrePbus;})(lreP{rehtonabus;})(rehtona{tsuJbus!;